We want to put an end to the 8am appointment lottery and to make it much easier for you to get the help you need.
That’s why we are making changes which will make getting an appointment easier and fairer.
What is changing?
We are always looking for ways to improve the experience of our patients.
At the moment some of our appointments are given out on a “first-come, first-served” basis to those who can call the practice each morning at 8am. It’s definitely not the best way of doing things.
That is why we are introducing a new booking system which will get you the help you need more quickly and conveniently. To make this happen we are introducing a new computer system called “Anima” and putting in place a specialist team of health professionals whose job will be to improve the process of getting an appointment at the practice.
We expect to make these changes by the end of this year and will keep patients updated as to our progress.
How will things change for me?
You will have some new ways that you can book an appointment with us through our website but, don’t worry, you can still telephone us or visit the practice if that is what you would prefer.
The biggest benefit is that these changes will mean there will be no more “morning rush” to queue on the telephones. No matter what time you contact us all our appointments will be prioritised by our clinical team based on medical urgency.
Other changes will include:
- More ways for you to request an appointment.
- Your case will be assessed by our clinical team who will decide what the best plan is for you.
- If you care for others, you can complete an online request for them quickly and efficiently.
- You can easily log in to see the status of your request and the outcomes of your current and past appointment requests.
- You will be asked questions without medical jargon.
- You don’t need to discuss any medical issues over the phone - you can send an online request helping to improve confidentiality.
- The system is easy to use if English is not your first language, if you are deaf, or have hearing difficulties.
- Sometimes a GP is not the best person to help you with your medical concern. Our clinical team is made up of lots of different specialties and the new system will offer you the best – and earliest appointment for your individual needs.
- If you do not need to be seen urgently, you will be able to easily choose the most convenient appointment from those available.
- You will get a text message and email to keep you updated about your appointment times.
When will the new system be launched?
We plan to launch Anima from December 2023. As with any new system we may experience teething challenges, but we aim to keep those to a minimum. For more information on Anima please visit https://www.animahealth.com/patients.
Do I need to do anything?
You will need to register to use Anima
We will send you a message close to when the new system is available to use.
To register you will be sent a text message by the practice with a link to Anima. By clicking the link, you can set up an account by using an email address and creating a password. You will then be asked to verify email via the link sent. Then simply enter your own details Name, DOB, Sex, Postcode, Telephone Number, GP practice and NHS number if known. Once an account is created you can then submit you request to the practice.
Tell us what you think.
We believe that this new way to book an appointment will improve the experience for patients.
However, we want to understand your views so please take our short survey for patients.