This year has been tough and we have all faced unprecedented challenges. We have all had to change our lives and work together to help protect each other and the NHS. We need your help and co-operation again to help us safely offer flu vaccinations to those patients who are eligible, without increasing the risk to patients and our staff.
This year’s flu vaccination campaign requires a great deal of advanced planning, as we have had to assume that there will be Coronavirus still circulating in our communities. We kindly ask that you carefully read the information below:
- If multiple members of the household (those you live with) are eligible for a flu vaccination please book to come for the vaccination at the same time so you can queue and be seen as a bubble.
- As with all our appointments at the surgery, you will need to wear a face covering or mask when you enter the building.
- You will be asked to confirm you name with a member of the reception when you enter the building and you will then be directed to a marker to wait by a clinical room.
- As with all our appointments, we kindly ask that you do not arrive early or late to your appointment, as we have very limited capacity in our waiting room.
- We also kindly ask, that only those invited for flu vaccination attend with you or you attend your appointment alone (unless you have a carer or are a child), for the reasons mentioned above.
- We ask that you wear appropriate clothing for your appointment. We ask that you wear a top that is sleeveless ideally or can be easily rolled up, so that your arm is accessible to our nursing team for vaccination and we don’t have any unnecessary delays in the appointment.
- We will offer privacy for those that are unable to expose their arms due to religious beliefs.
- After your appointment, you will be directed to leave the building by a different exit, so that we can ensure social distancing guidelines in our waiting room. Should you require assistance a member of staff will be on hand to assist you.
- Our Flu Clinic days are:
Monday 14th September
Tuesday 15th September
Wednesday 16th September
Please telephone the surgery AFTER 11AM to book an appointment on one of these dates.